Yes, I am one of those Mom's that absolutely LOVE this time of year. I adore having more time with my kids in the summer, but the structure of returning back to school in the fall is always needed and appreciated.
I designed this book using a Genuinely Jane Studios Bus Album.
1) Paint 2 pages of the wood album yellow for the front and back cover.
2) Glue a piece of black cardstock to the back of the front cover to give it black window.
3) Ink edges of album with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.
4) Cut pages to be used as journal pages for the interior pages. I used an assortment of white, yellow, and black pages. The can be used to showcase school pictures throughout the year or to journal stories from the year.
5) Glue half of a black zipper to front to mimic the black stripe on a bus.
6) Glue black letters to spell SCHOOL.
7) Write TIME! under SCHOOL with a black marker.
8) Add yellow and black twine to rings.
Just a simple little book to use throughout the year to showcase any child's special days at school this year.