Today, I am showcasing one of the brand new DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencils. This stencil is 12x12 and is called Branching Out.
All of the new mixed media stencils are starting to be sold at Michael's and Hobby Lobby Stores. You can also purchase this stencil online directly from DecoArt at: DecoArt Online Store
This is what I made with it:
Before I tell you what I did, I need to apologize. I do not know what paper this is. I unfortunately glued it down and did not write down the manufacturer and name. It was printed on the back. It is an orange one sided 12x12 piece of paper with bats embossed all over it. If anyone knows who it belongs to, PLEASE let me know. I would love to acknowledge the manufacturer. I knew 2 seconds after gluing it down that I made a mistake. UGH!!
1- 12x12 black canvas
1- 12x12 Halloween Paper (Sorry unknown company)
1- Can Black Spray Paint
1- Can White Spray Paint
BOO letters to use as a stencil (Mine were unfinished wood)
Orange and Black Twine
1) Take stencil, paper, spray paints, and letters to a well ventilated area.
2) Lay stencil and BOO on paper and spray with black.
3) Remove BOO and add some white spray paint.
4) Remove stencil and let paper and stencil dry. (Spray paint will not come off stencil)
5) While paper is drying - finish painting wood BOO letters black.
6) Use DecoArt Americana Decoupage to adhere paper to a 12x12 black canvas.
7) Firmly press canvas onto clean surface to get even coverage and no bubbles or waves in paper.
8) Ink edge of paper with Black Ink
9) Tie 3 lengths of twine around canvas at bottom.
I plan on hanging this canvas, but until I get around to that, it is sitting on a table in my front hallway, as a table decoration.
Are you planning any Halloween DIY decorations this year? If so,what? If you make something send me a picture or a link. I would love to share your projects with everyone too.
Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo to you!!
Happy Fall (Soon to be Halloween)
Please LIKE my Facebook page to easily see when I make updates to my blog. All blog posts automatically show up on the Lori's Happy Place Facebook page.