I decided on a canvas, and thankfully Deco Art thought it was a good idea.
Here is what I designed with the products they sent me:
I had so much fun just letting go and painting this canvas.
- Black 12x12 Canvas
- White Tissue Paper
- Deco Art Decou-Page
- Deco Art American
- Tear tissue paper into random pieces and crumple up to make it wrinkly.
- Decou-Page tissue paper to front of 12x12 black canvas. Let dry.
- Squirt both oranges and white paint on front of canvas and blend together.
- While canvas is still wet - draw a spooky tree with the end of a paint brush. Dry.
- Paint entire canvas with Glow in the dark paint. (After all of the other painting this does not glow a whole lot, but it does shine a little in the dark)
- Paint spooky tree over etched tree. Dry.
- Darken edges of canvas with more black and add white and black sprays of paint all over front of canvas.
- When completely dry seal with gloss sealer.
I think my first attempt at a spooky tree was pretty successful. I love that it is obviously a Halloween canvas, but without the overt Halloween symbols like a pumpkin or witch.
A bonus Behind The Scenes shot of me, a mom, trying to take photos on a Midwest gloomy day. (Notice the kids poptarts left out beyond my backdrop? LOL)
Well, I hope you enjoyed my take on a Halloween canvas. Please everyone have a safe, creative, fun, and spooky Halloween week.